Friday, January 02, 2009

First post of the year (what a lame title)

I loved Tony Parsons' Man and Boy, but I couldn't bring myself to read the sequel, Man and Wife. Simply because Man and Boy was about a man hitting mid life crisis and making choices that tore his family apart, and how he found new love in a new woman (who wasn't necessarily a bitch either. She was just a new woman) . I don't really want to know more about the new woman :-(

So, I'm almost done with Stories We Could Tell by Tony Parsons now. I have a bittersweet fondness towards his writing, because he is so brutally honest that the truth hurts. But of course, certain happy parts of the truth are always so beautifully told.

I hope this year I will understand men more, because you guys will somehow always remain a mystery. I know we women are complicated, but you guys are just... well......... oh well :-P

Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chingz... just saying hi!. Haha. P.s. I like how men are 'oh well's =) Easier to comprehend than complicated :P

chiiiiing said...

kes: hiee! i guess you're right... 'oh well's just make you sigh and go, "oh well." haha. if that makes sense! :P