Thursday, December 21, 2006

Char Kuey Teow sam tip, kar si ham, oi lat chiew ah...



Sometime last week, mom, dad and I had char kuey teow by the roadside. It was one of those mobile stalls, and as canggih as "mobile stall" sounds, as you can see it was quite old school. :-) Even the lamps were the old pump-it-up-pump-it-up oil lamps (mom was explaining to me how it works, but I didn't really get it... there's a ball of cloth inside and the more it's pumped, the bigger it will get and the brighter the lamp will be, what the heck?? Technology has made me stupid!! *victim face* ACK!).
As much as I like air-conditioned places and restaurants with nice interiors, I do not want my hometown to change, so I can always come back to a piece of what I grew up with and remember how simple things used to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dengkil

Anonymous said...

chingz, is that bunju??

chiiiiing said...

eh no laaaa, that's the CKT stray dog... hehe